Thursday Dance Lessons at Nino’s!
6pm – reservations requested, call 941-833-8912
Michael Cunniff, renowned dancer and local instructor, will teach the the Two Step in August! Originating from the polka, galop, or waltz, the two step consists of a quick-quick-slow-slow pattern danced over six beats to music with four-four time.
The Lounge will be open with a Special menu.
Two-Step Lessons Every Thursday in August
Originally coined the “valse a deux temps,” a French name didn’t quite match with the feeling of the dance, so it was eventually traded to become the Two Step. The Two Step gained favor in 1889 when John Philip Sousa released the Washington Post March, a song he wrote for an awards ceremony hosted by the Washington Post (thus the name) and performed by the US Marine band.
So, Bring your Honey and Let’s Dance!
About Michael Cunniff
- National Dance competitions New Jersey (Atlantic City) San Francisco Seattle Washington
- Well trained by world champions Samuel Lecky, Scottish Champion John Monte, and Alex Moore
- Originally a dancer and singer with R&B Soul Band.
- Emcee and teacher for American Medical @ Harvard
- Emcee and teacher for Dental Society annual convention, Boston Massachusetts
- Teacher and supervisor at the Fred Astaire Studio, Boston
- Teacher and supervisor at Arthur Murray Studio, Seattle, Oklahoma City, and Miami