Champ returns to Nino’s @NIGHT!
Friday, July 9
6 – 9 PM
Wish Champ Happy Birthday!
July 23 & August 20
5 PM – 7 PM
The fun continues as Feast or Famine Band follows Champ
“Dirty Blues,” influenced by Eric Clapton, Muddy Waters, Joe Cocker and John Fogerty.
Reservations requested. (No ticket fee but minimum purchase of 2 drinks or 1 food item required per person. Read our Policy.)
Champ’s sound can best be described as “Dirty Blues.” His influences range from Eric Clapton and Muddy Waters to Joe Cocker and John Fogerty. He has shared the stage with notable Blues Musicians such as Joey Gilmore and Jeff Jensen.
His live show is a captivating experience, highlighting his love and passion for music.
Champ’s musical aspirations began in 1965 when he first began taking guitar lessons in his native Rhode Island.
Champ’s musical aspirations began in 1965 when he first began taking guitar lessons in his native Rhode Island. He stuck with it and 3 years later formed his first band called The Low Tides, at the age of 15. His next band, Cross Town Traffic, played parties and local gigs. They played a Rock and Roll genre and repertoire ranging from Led Zeppelin and Steppenwolf to the Beatles and the Doors until Champ served in the Army from 1972-1974.
Champ was a professional Martial Arts fighter and teacher until retiring in 2003. On Christmas of 2003, Champ’s Mother bought him a guitar and his love for the instrument and playing live music was rejuvenated.
Listen to a sample Champ’s Music on Reverbnation.com
- Spring 2016- Champ recorded his first full length CD titled “Blues Expression”
- August 2016- Regional Southwest Florida Blues Society Challenge, placed 3rd in the Peoples Choice Award Category & Best Self-Produced CD for 2016.
- 2017- “Blues Expression” was submitted to the International Blues Challenge in Memphis, Tennessee
- 2019- South West Florida Blues Society Regional International Blues Challenge, won the annual awards Solo/Duo Challenge and Best Self-Produced CD for “Southbound Train”
- 2020- “Southbound Train” was submitted to the International Blues Challenge in Memphis Tenn